Triadic profile of organizational design.
All organizational traits can be described through the three categories of human interaction: control, cooperation, and autonomy.
- Constituencies (cooperation): Who the org is for.
- Character (autonomy): Organization’s essential nature.
- Capabilities (control): Competing in the market.
- Org chart (control): Reporting relations.
- Layout (autonomy): Interactions encouraged by design.
- Interdependence (cooperation): Work and information flows.
- Rewards (autonomy): Behavioral reinforcement.
- Meetings (cooperation): Reasons to communicate.
- Decisions (control): Exercise of authority.