The Lippitt-Knoster model for managing complex change.
This model says you have six elements that are all desired for success, and six pitfalls when an element is missing. This list has each element and its associated pitfall:rO3
- Vision: when missing creates confusion.
- Consensus: becomes sabotage when missing.
- Skills: anxiety without.
- Incentives: if unclear, will meet resistance.
- Resources: change is frustrated when lacking.
- Action plan: false starts until clear.
Where each of these are present, the change should meet success.
Addy Osmani, “Managing Complex Change,” November 7, 2022, https://addyosmani.com/blog/managing-complex-change/. (See notes.)