SMART goals model makes practical goals.
- Specific: goals need clear boundaries.
- Measurable: without progress, a goal has no finish line.
- Achievable: pursuing the impossible does not count as a goal.
- Relevant: contextually irrelevant goals won’t move forward.
- Time bound: target dates set an appropriate urgency.
Brett & Kate McKay, “Podcast #762: Prepare Now to Have Your Best Year Ever,” The Art of Manliness (blog), December 8, 2021, https://www.artofmanliness.com/character/advice/your-best-year-ever/. (See notes.)