SCARF model describes the threats and rewards of social situations.
The domains of social behavior are:
- Status: Sense of social value. Recognition, wins, being right versus embarassment, etc 2115.
- Certainty: Clarity regarding the future. Assurance, affirmation versus bad news, failure.
- Autonomy: Control, influence over future. Choosing versus loss of choice, consequences 2114,1.
- Relatedness: Connection with others. Inclusion; promotion versus isolation, demotion.
- Fairness: Justice, non-bias. Pay, treatment versus lies, failure of expectation.
- Giving feedback 2221.