Rationale for forming engineering manager support groups.
There are a number of benefits to creating these groups:rR4
- Learn from peers instead of just your manager.
- Opportunity to grow by filling in your knowledge gaps through teaching.
- Allows growth where you are rather than where a curriculum or mentor decides you should be.
- Creates a long-lived support network.
- Creates intentional connection and touchpoints which especially helps in a remote world.
- Increases retention, lengthens their tenures, and attracts new talent.