Two sets of principles guide work and improvement.
Change management principles.
Managing process improvement.
- Start with what you do now: Don’t build process atop what you assume the best approach would be.
- Agree to pursue improvement through evolutionary change.
- Encourage acts of leadership at all levels.
Service delivery principles.
- Understand and focus on customers’ needs and expectations.
- Manage the work; let people self-organize around it.
- Regularly review the network of services and its policies in order to improve outcomes.